Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Day 4

After school today Iori and I went to Starbucks with her friend and Jane, another YFU student in my school. Jane was skeptical about it because she wanted to go somewhere you couldn't go in America, but I wanted to see what Japanese Starbucks looked like. Turns out it's way cooler than American Starbucks. They had lots of matcha flavored cakes and doughnuts (one of which I ate), and so many different kinds of pastries. I want to try exploring Toyama more, but my host family is hesitant to let me leave the house alone. I hope that after I get used to the area and they get used to me they'll let me look around a bit. 

My host mom and brother Jun-chan took Iori and me to a walkway by the ocean where we got a nice view of the sunset. The mountains around Toyama are so beautiful, I just want to go hiking! My school's summer break starts July 21st, so hopefully I'll have time to do the things I wanted to do in Japan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment