Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Day 5

Iori was in Osaka today getting a visa for her exchange to Michigan later this summer so I had to ride the train to school by myself. Iori seemed to be very worried that I would get lost, she wrote an instruction sheet out and drew diagrams and pictures for everything. Some students at school heard I liked soccer and asked me to come to the club after testing is over. I don't know anyone's name because no one has introduced themselves to me... but it's fine I can ask some of the other exchange students. 

girls biking home from school
After school Jane and I got a ride home from Jane's host mom who speaks pretty good English. Jane doesn't like school and we both are a little frustrated that we aren't doing any work in school. Because we are both lower level Japanese students, the class for foreigners isn't very helpful to us. I told Jane I would help her with any questions she had about the simple things, but we both thought it'd be nice to have a teacher who would help us specifically with our questions. Jane's host mom called the YFU representative, and she said that she would call the school to see what they could do. 

When I got home, Su-chan and I walked to the nearest convenience store - they are very popular here in Japan. I got to see my host grandmother's garden and a temple that is near our house. I also got to take pictures with my nice camera.

This picture is of Suzuka in front of the temple. I'm not sure if it is Shinto or Buddhism, Su-chan didn't know. Below is the sunset, a bell and Obaa-san's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment