Saturday, July 8, 2017

Day 14

After school Iori and I ate at this restaurant where we had this weird cheese rice hamburger dish. It was really good. We were supposed to go to McDonald's but the one we went to was closed for renovations so we just went to the next restaurant over. It was funny, Iori didn't understand when I said McDonald's with an american accent. In Japan they just call it "Mac" but with an accent its "Makku". The whole thing with an accent is "MakkuDonarudo" witch I think is hilarious.

After we got home, Su-chan and my host mom took me to Tanabata, the festival where you write your wish or hope on a paper and tie it to some bamboo. But by the time we actually got there it had already ended. I still got to see the bamboo decorations, so I think it was still worth it. Here are some pics.


taking down a puppet show


many of the decorated bamboo was made of old recycled trash


close up of the recycled trash

No comments:

Post a Comment