Sunday, July 2, 2017

Day 8

Today Su-chan and Jun-chan took me to a museum in Uozu. It rained all day so we were very wet. We also went to the bookstore, and I ordered a Japanese workbook. Sandra, another exchange student, gave me the second book but the first book was needed to understand some parts of the second so I ordered it.

Today I also tried tempura and dango. I'll have to get used to dango, Jun-chan really likes it but it tasted strange to me haha. I don't think I realized what I picky eater I was until I went to a country where I had never tried any food. Most food that we eat is very good though. I really like eating rice everyday :). I learned that high carb and low meat diets are generally considered healthier, and also that Japanese people live the longest. In Japan, we don't waste any food. If you put food on your plate you are supposed to eat all of it. I didn't know that the first time I ate here and I realized as I was throwing away what I didn't eat that the compost was nearly empty (and the bag was also quite small). It made me realize how much food I waste at home.

Tomorrow I plan to shop for supplies to make a Fourth of July feast for my family. I am excited to show them an American holiday - especially one as fun as Fourth of July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment