Saturday, July 22, 2017

Day 28

Although I practiced my speech almost 50 or 60 times, I still was less smooth with my words than I had wanted to be. My class told me I did a good job though, so maybe I just thought I sounded bad. The last day of school consisted of a farewell assembly with speeches from the principal and the English teacher who was returning to New York and a meeting with the whole 2nd year class. I went first with my speech, then Joanne, then Jane. The class meeting was just teachers telling their students last minute things before they left. For many students in 2-1, this was the last school day before they left for their various countries for a year abroad. Most students were going to America but some of them were headed to South Korea. I was able to bring my camera and snap a couple of pics before we all headed out.



Chino, a girl from 2-4, took Jane, Joanne, and I out to Karaoke along with Jasmine, a Filipino girl who lives in Japan. It was so much fun, we went to a cafe for lunch and a matcha place for ice cream. Then we went to a Purikuri (japanese photobooth) before karaoke. Karaoke was so fun because everyone sounded so good when they sang! Since Joanne is Korean, she could sing all the K-pop songs in Korean which was super cool. After 3 hours of karaoke, Joanne and Jasmine had to go home. But Chino, Jane and I went out for dinner and got omurice, which is a rice omelette with different toppings. I had ice cream three times today. Once at the cafe because it came with the meal (vanilla with grapefruit jello), once at the matcha cafe (matcha parfait), and after dinner (we shared two sundays among the three of us). 



Purikura make white people look very strange... it's made for Asian people as you can see

No comments:

Post a Comment