Sunday, July 9, 2017

Day 15

Even though it was a Saturday today, we still had school. A girl in my class does ballroom dancing and she had a tie with this dance group in Russia so today the group came to visit our school. They have a competition here so they stopped by and did a performance for us as well as ate food that my class cooked in the cooking classroom. It was gyudon, a beef bowl. It was pretty funny, the Russian students got a lesson in very basic kanji (chinese characters) and the teacher spoke half in english and half in japanese with a Russian teacher speaking half in english and have in russian. It's sort of like if I speak english and you speak arabic and we talk to each other in broken polish. The languages are so different, it was so funny to here them all going at the same time. 

After school Iori and I went to see Mary and the Witch's Flower, the movie by Studio Ponoc, Ghibli's child. It just came out today! It was so good except I missed some because I couldn't understand most of it. I got the basic jist though, so that's good. It's actually not too hard to understand a movie in another language because the visuals give you most of the information you need. Iori fell asleep in the middle, she's super tired out from exams this week, but its over now!

Below is my bento (that I didn't end up eating because we had gyudon), the river in Toyama with Iori, a slice of pumpkin pie (japanese version), and the poster for Mary and the Witch's Flower.



1 comment:

  1. The pumpkin pie looks like mine with lots of whipped cream! Did it taste drastically different?

    ReplyDelete